It is easy to get comfortable with the dogs but the stresses of living in a kennel can change a dog’s demeanor. We realize that a former street dog (or any dog) living in a kennel has a big adjustment to make; they often get bored, frustrated and stressed out with kennel life and may react negatively to other dogs. However, with care, training and good judgment, we can help our dogs make a successful transition from their prior life to the kennel to a forever home.
- Only one dog out at a time unless there are 2 or more humans outside too.
- Play groups should always have 2 or more humans.
- Don’t leave a dog outside alone.
- Check to see if any dogs have had recent behavior changes. Either ask the staff or check the white board for notes.
- LET US KNOW IF YOU OBSERVE ANY CHANGES. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you see changes in mood or behavior.