Saturday, June 23, 2012

An Opportunity to Observe Training

Message from our dog behaviorist and trainer Dulce Garcia:

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you all for being regulars at AC and participating in the, Barrio Dogs “A Home for All” special project. Also on behalf of the Barrio Dogs team we'd like to give a warm welcome to all the new team members who showed up at our last orientation. 

Here are a few reminders:
  • Don't forget to sign in on Volunteer Binder
  • Check the star rating and the latest information on the dogs
  • Check off any activities you have completed with the dogs
  • Visit the blog daily to find out the latest on the program
Because our time together has been very limited, I will be doing training any time I go to AC.  I'll send notices by email about the days I'll be there; I hope some of you can join me there. 

I would also like to extend an invitation for you to attend my Basic Level 1 class that I will be starting soon at the Houston SPCA. I encourage you to sign up for a day to come and observe training demos with real life 4-legged friends and owners. Many of the lessons will apply directly to our work with Barrio Dogs' kenneled dogs at AC.

Please reserve your spot by sending me an email with the day you'd like to attend; space is limited so reply early if you are interested. Here are the details:

Houston SPCA
900 Portway Drive
Classes are every Saturday from 11am-12pm
Date: June 30 and July 7, 14, 21, 28

You can follow Dulce's blog, Paws to Claws Training, at http://pawstoclawstraining.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment